[Sca-cooks] Rumpolt was (no subject)

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Feb 28 06:06:33 PST 2008

I would start with Cagle's A Matter of Taste which is an annotated
bibliography. Cagle based the book on the culinary collection held by
Indiana University's Lilly Library.
Besides an entry on a 1587 edition of Rumpolt, the book lists all the
other cookbook bibliographies that can then be used
to trace editions and dating.
There is also a bibliography of German cookery books that was published
in PPC 6. (also a note on Rumpolt in PPC 7 as well as other issues.)

Have you been through Thomas Gloning's lists? He has a bibliography
that may help locate more sources on the book and 16-17th century German
texts.
There are a number of texts in German that survey cookery books too.
Thomas lists
most of those and you can easily start there.

I can't determine either the title or date from the Alice Ross site. I
can't read that photo.
I wonder if the title given is really a subtitle.
I searched the  Katalog der Deutschen Nationalbibliothek and that title
does not appear
as a book in their catalogue, nor is it listed under Rumpolt. It's also
not listed in FirstSearch.

Hope this helps,

Johnnae