[Sca-cooks] Dates

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 14:51:21 PST 2008

Felicia asked about dates:

<<< I was the happy recipient of a box of dates brought back from
Dubai by a co-worker.  (It WAS a 2 pound box.    I now have about a
pound and a half left.) They are huge, moist and delicious.  Not at
all like the stale dried up things you get in boxes in the local
supermarket.  I would like to make something with them this weekend
to bring into the office Monday to share the bounty.  I've looked at
recipes for standard date nut breads and variations on the theme, but
I am searching for something slightly outside the norm.  Do any of
you have a recipe that the modern masses might enjoy, but is not the
same old same old? >>>

I wouldn't look for a recipe where the dates are chopped up, because
it sounds like the advantages to these large, moist dates would be
lost. I would look at some of the stuffed date recipes. I think there
are both modern and medieval recipes.

There are some recipes in this file:
dates-msg         (32K) 12/14/03    Period date fruits. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/dates-msg.html

For instance:
=====