[Sca-cooks] Hais Re: Dates

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Feb 13 17:58:54 PST 2008

> taking to wars). They last forever if you do not eat them, but you do
> so they don't.

This may be the most-quoted Cariadoc&Betty Cook phrase in our household.

Hais tend to make an appearance in my repetoire along with Gingerbrede and
Bizcochos whenever someone asks for "Period cookies" but one night I just
decided to make some in one of the long-drawn-out house-party/cooking
extravanganzas in our house, because we had pressed date paste and
pistachios on hand. I *did* eventually manage to make them faster than
people could eat them up, but I think 8-9 people went through 90% of a
double batch in one afternoon.

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net