[Sca-cooks] Lent Approaches

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 9 16:02:27 PST 2008

I'm not a big fan of sodas... but one reason i drove to Pennsic 2007
and then home again, home again, jiggety jig, was to buy Dr. Pepper
made in Texas with pure cane sugar (2 cases for myself and 4 for some
friends). I don't know if any other ingredients in it are corn based,
it's certainly not 100% natural, but cases can be ordered from a
website
http://www.dublindrpepper.com
The flavor is so very much better than the commonly available version
with HFCS.

Also, here in California - and i assume states south and east of us
(AZ, NM, TX...) - one can get sodas made in Mexico with cane sugar.

And many of the cosmically groovy sodas in the "health food store"
are made with sugar, not corn sweetener.

Not claiming Kosherhood for them, but should work for a corn-free
Lent, if one feels the need for soda pop.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita

My LibraryThing