[Sca-cooks] Spiced and buttered Beef

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:40:31 PST 2008

Last Friday I got out a london broil cut of beef.  Had no plans for it, only know that it was what was in the top of the freezer, so I got it out to thaw.

And then I recalled conversations on this list about spices and butter for beef.

SO

I slathered the beef with butter (yes ... the real, unsalted stuff), sprinkled nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, clove, allspice and cardamom over the butter, and threw the whole into the crockpot.

Hours later, I baked potatoes and heated green peas.  Just before serving I sauteed onions and garlic with marsala wine, more butter and baby bella mushroom slices.  The mushroom and onion sauce was poured over the meat (though it made tasty sauce for the baked potatoes as well.

Was WAY yummy.  The housemate announced that the next time his parents join us for dinner, THAT was what we should serve.

Tonight for dinner I will chop the remaining beef, boil the remaining juice from cooking said beef with the remaining mushroomand onion. add leftover peas from that same meal, stir in enough bulgar wheat to make pottage, and call it supper.

HEY LOOKIT ... a TWO-FER!!!

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
ArtemisiaJo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.