[Sca-cooks] Spiced and buttered Beef

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:49:05 PST 2008

> I slathered the beef with butter (yes ... the real, unsalted stuff), sprinkled nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, clove, allspice and cardamom over the butter, and threw the whole into the crockpot.> > Was WAY yummy. The housemate announced that the next time his parents join us for dinner, THAT was what we should serve.> > Malkin
I agree. The end result wasn't "weird" to modern tastes. Perhaps
the direct broiling of the spices and mellowing of the butter makes
a flavor difference but the meat doesn't come out tasting like
pumpkin pie. When I made the beef for the egredouce I kept
cutting off chunks for me to nibble. No salt was needed either.

I'm going to try this on unsuspecting mundane tastes to see if they
find it off. But to my taste the sweet spices and butter makes for
a fabulous steak topping.

Gunthar