[Sca-cooks] bread machines

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 12 11:00:30 PST 2008

> Ang Malone wrote:
>
>>    I am glad I'm not the only one that was slightly bothered by that
>>"why do you want to know, they make a substandard product"
> ---------------- End original message. ---------------------
>
> I don't recall anywhere in this thread that anyone said that a bread
> machine was a "substandard product". Those of us who responded that
> we did not recommend one did so simply because we do not make bread
> in a manner conducive to its use. Others said they were fine for the
> way they worked. Each to their own as the saying goes.
>
> Dragon

The precise statement was "I think they produce an inferior product."  This
does not necessarily imply substandard, but that it is not up to the quality
that can be achieved.  I can buy an adequate loaf of bread at WalMart that
surpasses the quality of Wonder Bread, but can not match the quality of an
artisan loaf.  A bread machine is designed to produce a consistent product
within the average persons parameters for "bread."  Preventing failure
usually limits the ability to produce the superb.

Bear