[Sca-cooks] Beverage experiments

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Wed Feb 13 17:03:16 PST 2008

>Yanno, I'm more
>about creating good period food than I am about what I cook it over.

I think this is a general point worth making. Different people care
about different things. If authenticity were costless, we could all
be perfectly authentic about everything, but in practice we focus on
what interests us. At Pennsic Elizabeth and I cook period food over a
period fire, but we light the fire with matches because neither of us
has yet become skilled with flint and steel and we cook in cast iron
pots which are at best marginally period--almost certainly not period
for me--because we haven't yet gotten around to learning to use the
period ceramic pots which some potters are now making.

And our tents are machine sewn.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com