[Sca-cooks] Beverage experiments

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Feb 14 08:29:55 PST 2008

This is what the  Muzammala is as mentioned in the chapter title

Chapter 110 (beginning on page 450) is titled
"Measures taken when drinking water cooled in Muzammala or
chilled with crushed ice (Thalj Madrub)" of the
Annals of the Caliphs' Kitchens.

It's defined as an  insulated household vessel for cold water.

Johnna