[Sca-cooks] Late Italian feast

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Wed Feb 20 12:31:38 PST 2008

Yes, the meat will be more infused with the flavor if cooked with the
sauce, but from the translations you provided it seems that the cooking is
done prior to the introduction of these sauces. There are both examples of
various meats being cooked with a sauce as well as having the sauce as an
accompaniment after the meat is cooked. That being said, this feast is a
means for you to put out your creative efforts. As to people tend to be
"scared" of sauces? I'm not sure, it hasn't been my experience. More likely
you would have an allergen or food sensitivity in a sauce than the meat
itself. If the sauces served on the side, then a person with a food allergy
or sensitivity can avoid the sauce, but still enjoy the meat. This is some
of the creativity I might set aside when cooking for a feast as opposed to
cooking for an A&S display or competition. Just my thoughts on the matter.
I really need to get the Neapolitan book as part of my collection.

Euriol