[Sca-cooks] Feast thanks

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Wed Feb 20 22:43:36 PST 2008

>Lilinah wrote:
>  >Urtatim wrote:
>  >
>  > Good grief! Royals set foot in the kitchen?!?!?!? Surely you jest!
>>  They've got far more important things to do... i guess.
>>
>>  If only they'd done that i would have no complaints.
>>
>At a long ago Twelfth Night, Queen Battista came into the kitchen
>afterwards and mopped the floor.  That's the kind of helpful person she
>was. Talk about conflicting impulses;  between "No, Your Majesty, we
>will do that" and "Anything you say, Your Majesty".
>
>Selene

Long ago and far away, when we were preparing a Chinese/Japanese
feast for a midsummer coronet, the Western King (Brion of Bellatrix)
kept floating through and stealing the sushi (he liked the smoked
salmon, pickled ginger combo). We had guards at the doors to keep
everyone else out, but how do you stop a King who not only
complimented us, but then asked for a bowl of the "ends," to be
delivered to the High Table (G). And when people started groaning
after the third course and going outside to get cool, he sent heralds
out to bring them all back in, and then called for the kitchen staff,
so he could recognize our work on that day.

It's memories like that, that make up for the boors/distracted
royalty. But I cook because I like to, which is my bottom line, and I
suspect that's true for most of us...

Morgana yr Oerfa