[Sca-cooks] Beverage experiments

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Wed Feb 13 13:17:56 PST 2008

I'm the major coffee maker in camp--partly out of self-preservation, but also because I'm almost always the first one up.  About a third to a half of us actually partake.  I splurge and get the good stuff (organic, shade-grown, and *strong*).....Julianna, bless her heart, doesn't drink the stuff, but does bring the coffee pots and carafe....
Just last year, the coffee led to the "1st Miracle of Saint Maire," or so I was informed by Vicountess Katlin in the neighboring kitchen at Uprising last year....She's as staunch a consumer of brewed bean water as am I, but they managed to forget their coffee, and it wasn't coming up from SLC with Maikeru-sama until that weekend....So I shared.  <g>
--Maire