[Sca-cooks] Bread Books

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Feb 14 19:40:36 PST 2008

Yes. I'd recommend getting both but you know I buy books in volume.
Helou also did the Mediterranean Street Food book. The Alfords
have done a number of volumes. You ought to be able to examine
them at or through a larger public library. You might want to borrow
and xerox a few recipes from both and try them out. Depends on
what you are looking for exactly. The Alfords take an anthropological
approach
that combines travel with recipes from far flung corners of the globe.
Their book
also includes China, Central Asia, India, Nepal, Eastern Mediterranean,
Morocco, Europe and North America. The table of contents is up on Amazon.

Johnnae