[Sca-cooks] Feast costs/budgets

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Wed Feb 20 06:07:35 PST 2008

I thought it would be useful to post the part of policy where this applies:

"B. Money may not be spent on events closed to the general populace and
without a specific administrative agenda (SFP IX.E).
This includes Royalty Dinners, Peer Parties, or similar events. Special
expensive dishes presented at a feast intended for the consumption of only
a few people is allowed, although strongly discouraged."
-Chancellor of the Exchequer Branch Officer‘s Reference Handbook October
2007, Chapter 4, Section V

It is my understanding that due to our non-profit 501(c)(3) status.

Euriol

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:59:27 -0800 (PST), Karin Burgess
<avrealtor at prodigy.net> wrote:
> In my barony, the cost of the Royal Lunch is covered by my husband and I.

> Since I am usually the one cooking it, it is never a big deal.
>
> This is the same basic law that keeps Baronies from using funds to
> purchase presentations for other Baronies. Though if the item is to be
> used as regalia for the Barony (or Kingdom) it is acceptable.
>
> -Muiriath
>

> otsisto <otsisto at socket.net> wrote: What is interesting is that the Royal
> Lunch could come under the heading as
> a business lunch. Most times the Royals are busy doing Kingdom stuff
> during
> lunch. I think that because it is a fine line that it is easier to just
> not
> mess with it and just have a no SCA monies toward the Royal lunch.
Anyway,