[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 22, Issue 40

Ang Malone alm4cu at localnet.com
Wed Feb 13 16:44:18 PST 2008

Dragon,

   For me who isn't easily offended, it was not the why are you
thinking of buying a bread machine, it was the they create an
inferior product tone and what that implicated is that we would burn
in hell for using a bread machine.

   It is one of the bad things about e-mail is that there can
sometimes be a perceived tone, and for many of us it was a snobby
tone. Why couldn't the question have just been, "why do you want a
bread machine?" and left at that?  or Why do you want a bread
machine, I really enjoy making bread with a kitchen aid mixer and
baking it in the oven.

  For me,  I find my bread machine helpful in making a bread for me
that is so much better than store bought, but doesn't tax my disability.

   I know many people who have dropped off SCA-Cooks because they
feel the most vocal people are snobs and aren't usually very helpful,
and that bread machines make an inferior product was a showcase of
that hurt feeling syndrome.  Luckily I have the skin of a Rhino.  :-)

         Ang