[Sca-cooks] Late Italian feast

Kerri Martinsen kerrimart at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 20 09:56:15 PST 2008

Ok folks,
This is for Night on the Town in April in Atlantia...

I've been doing a lot of work on my menu and budgeting to make sure I'm not
going over my $7/head.  I'll be doing testing this next month.
Here is my menu:  Any thoughts?  It has been over 2 yrs since I've done a
feast and I'm a little rusty.

*1st*
Pie in a Pipkin (beef stew)
Vegetable soup w/ barley - (still looking for a source)
flat bread/ crackers
Torta Sambucea (elderflower & ricotta cheese pie)

*Intermezzo*
Lemon Ice with Pizzelle Cookies

*2nd*
Stuffed Fish (Neopolitan #79) - Sea Bass wrapped in parchment & baked
Orzo
Insalata di carote cotte - salad of roasted carrots
Peas with salt pork (Neo #21)  - may pull this - it is only good steaming
hot.
Italian Mushle (shell bread – sweet)

*Intermezzo*
Hand made Cheese  (fontine, parmesan, mozzerella, Mascarpne)
Machete bread (baked fresh)
In season Fruit garnish

*3rd*
Chicken w/ lemon sauce (Neopoltian #56)  (1/2 chicken per table)

Catalan Style Chicken (Neapolitan #61) (1/2 chicken per table)
Minestra di Tagliatelli (handmade noodles – plain)

*Insalate di verdura - green salad*
Armored Turnips ? (may pull this)

*Finale*
Dried Fruit Pizza (To make a tart with various things, by the residents of
Naples called pizza.  Scappi, Chapter 121)

thanks for any advice.

Vitha