[Sca-cooks] Late Italian feast

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Wed Feb 20 10:23:42 PST 2008

In your 3rd course you have two chicken dishes, with half a chicken per
table. How many people per table are you planning on serving? I typically
serve a whole chicken for a table of 8. Your two chicken dishes will
achieve this, however, I anticipate that people will only get to try one or
the other if served mostly whole. Depending how the table is served and the
"hunger" of the feast goers, some individuals may not get any portion of
chicken. If you instead just decide to use one of the chicken dishes, then
at least ideally everyone at the table should be able to get a fair portion
of the chicken. Just as a quick glance, this should be doable at $7/head.
You can solicit local grocery stores for donations and/or discounts to help
mitigate the costs. You can also see if anyone in your local group is
willing to donate spices.

Euriol