[Sca-cooks] OT sort of

Nambeanntan at aol.com Nambeanntan at aol.com
Fri Feb 22 01:11:55 PST 2008

I thought I'd pass this along in case anyone here is looking for a  change.
The recipe is not from a pre 1600 source, but its cheap, easy  and received
raves until folks found out what navets were.

Annan

  Culinary Arts Faculty:
Candidate must have an associate degree from a  regionally accredited school
and a minimum of 5 yrs  experience.

Please fax resume, transcripts, and license if applicable  to James Wilbour,
Dean Keiser University 941-907-2016
or email _jwilbour at keiseruniversity.edu _
(mailto:jwilbour at keiseruniversity.edu_)
EOE

Potage aux Navets Blanc

Melt 1 generous tablespoon butter in a soup kettle, add 4  medium sized white
turnips and 1 large onion finely chopped.  Cook for a  few minutes over a low
flame careful not to brown the onion.  Then add 6-8  cups water and salt and
white pepper to taste.  Crumble or break 4-5 slices  bread into the vegetable
mixture and simmer gently until the turnips are well  done and tender.  Put
mixture through a fine sieve.  Just before  serving, remove the soup from the
fire and add gradually 2 egg yolks well beaten  with 1/2 cup cream, stirring
constantly until well blended and  creamy.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)