[Sca-cooks] Caerthe's 12th night feast report LONG

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Jan 9 12:10:47 PST 2008

The original recipe can be found here:

 *Ouverture de Cuisine*
(France, 1604 - Daniel Myers, trans.)
The original source can be found at MedievalCookery.com
<http://www.medievalcookery.com/notes/ouverture.shtm>

Sausages in Pottage. Take sausages, & fry them in butter, then take four
or five peeled apples & cut into small quarters, & four or five onions
cut into rings, & fry them in butter, & put all of them into a pot with
the sausages, & put therein nutmeg, cinnamon, with red or white wine,
sugar, & let them then all stew.

It's always good to remember that medievalcookery.com has all these
cookbooks indexed.
Doc has done a lot of work on the project.

Johnnae