[Sca-cooks] OOP but Not OT - Ancient Greek Food

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 20 16:54:16 PST 2008

Greetings,
	Deborah Duchon and I are in the process of starting the Culinary
Historians of Georgia group. (She's the Food Anthropologist sometimes seen
on Good Eats).  We have a list of types of organization from the Chicago
group, but if you have any info you could share about the structure and set
up of such a group, I would be very appreciative to see it.
Our first meeting is going to focus on Julia Child, and I have agreed to do
the refreshments after the lecture based on her cuisine, and within a "chips
and dip and veggie tray only" policy at the library we're meeting at.  I'm
thinking canapés or asparagus wrapped in bacon maybe, but I'll have to look
through my Julia books to see what I can come up with.
	In your case, I'm guessing your lack of 'hands' is helpers?  I would
look for spreads with the typical ingredients - pine nuts, olive oil, herbs,
vegetables, etc.  I think that simplifies your prep and serving.
	Christianna