[Sca-cooks] Everything old is new again

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Fri Jan 25 13:28:10 PST 2008

Susan Fox wrote:
>Kathleen A Roberts wrote:
> > On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:30:53 -0800
> >   Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >    I don't
> >
> >> expect that
> >> Takoyaki will be on the menu unless for some reason,
> >> Octopus is in the
> >> food box, which I really don't expect.
> >>

> > now that's a visual that's gonna stick.
> >
> > cailte
>
>C'mon, this is not IRON CHEF [Japanese Version], all the ingredients so
>far have not needed killing.
>
>Yet.
>
>Uh Oh.
>
>Selene, sharpening my knives...

That would sure mess with some of the teams.

At least then I would remember to clean the fish...

Selene will never let me live this down so I might as well come clean on it.

OK, I must confess, we had one major faux pas in last year's
competition, but it was not enough to kill us outright as everything
else we did was pretty much spot on. We had been given a frozen fish
in our box. It was the last thing we were to cook and we were running
out of time. So I made this wonderful bed of spinach, then poached
the fish in wine with saffron and leeks and onion and then garnished
it with almonds. It was beautiful. But it was a WHOLE fish. As in, it
needed gutting. I was in such a hurry, I forgot to do it.

Now in my defense, I will say that it is extremely unusual for a
packaged frozen fish to arrive in an uncleaned state in this day and
age in the United States. So accustomed to the usual state of such
things, it didn't even occur to me that it hadn't been cleaned. Thus,
I have recruited Selene to be my fish inspector.

Dragon