[Sca-cooks] White Pizza- OOP

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 26 20:57:01 PST 2008

A "buttery" crust makes me suspect some veddy bogus ingredients, however,
you might try modifying the dough.

1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of dry active yeast
1 cup warm water
pinch of sugar
2-3 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of salt
1 stick of butter

Dissolve the sugar and yeast in the water.  Let proof.
Mix together 2 cups of flour and the salt.
Melt 4 tablespoons of butter.
Stir the dry mix and the melted butter into the proofed liquor to form a
dough.  Add remaining flour as necessary.  Knead until the dough is smooth
and elastic.  Let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
Shape the dough (in the pan or on a peel to transfer to pizza stone).
Melt the remaining butter and spread on the dough.
Add choice of toppings.
Bake in preheated oven at 425 degreed F for 25 to 30 minutes.

I've never tried this, but replacing what would normally be olive oil with
butter, then buttering the top off the dough should produce a "buttery"
taste, but it might not match to whatever ingredients are being used in the
commercial pizza dough.

Bear