[Sca-cooks] White Pizza- OOP

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 27 06:50:07 PST 2008

White pizza, pizza bianca, is, I gather, a Roman thing.  In its simplest
form, it is a flat bread drizzled with oil and sprinkled with salt, although
aglio e olio (garlic and oil) pizza is also common.  Oregano, rosemary or
other herbs are used to alter the final flavor.  There are other regional
pizzas with more complex toppings.  For example, Pizza Pugliese is topped
with eggplant, anchovies, diced tomatoes and black olives.

I think the American version of white pizza is a good idea take to the
extreme.  Sort of the Amurican way.

Bear