[Sca-cooks] Lent Approaches

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Jan 27 12:47:00 PST 2008

At 06:51 AM 1/27/2008, you wrote:

>Many
>of them mention our almost-traditional Cook's List Lenten Fast.  I was
>wondering if anyone was planning on observing a period or Lenten diet this
>year?

James and I are planning on it. I am somewhat grumpy as Valentine's
is _after_ Lent begins. But it's a Saint's day, so maybe we'll take
that day off.

>In the past we've discussed variations such as eating a period but not
>necessarily Lenten diet; giving up dairy, eggs and meat but not sugar,
>alcohol, etc; doing just one week such as Holy Week (last week before
>Easter); etc.

We give up eggs, dairy, and meat. I give up chocolate. I usually lose
a bit of weight. (But being without dairy is really painful!)

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore