[Sca-cooks] The Humors, Ginger and Meats

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Wed Jan 30 14:12:17 PST 2008

>From my small bit of research into the use of foodstuff to affect humors
there are two parts. The first part is that certain ingredients & cooking
techniques were used to bring the resulting dish of the recipe into a
balance. This of course is assuming your are serving the dish to a person
who is balanced in the humors. The second part is addressing if the
individual needs to be treated for an imbalance of humors. Then the dish
would be provided to correct this imbalance to the individual. Or a group
of dishes is served that balance each other and/or the individual. Then
again you have to balance the humors of the food and/or person to the
particular time of year. Oy!

Euriol