[Sca-cooks] Coffyn pan?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 17 16:48:06 PST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008, at 6:33 PM, Adele de Maisieres wrote:

> Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
>

>> What eternal question about bread bowls? Around here in my local
>> group
>> many people tend to think they're just a little bit silly...
>>

> I've never seen them done here.  Come to think of it, I don't think
> I've
> even seen them done mundanely around here.

Well, if you do a Google search for "in a bread bowl", you get almost
40,000 hits. Somebody's certainly eating them, or at least serving them.

I can see how people might like something like that under the right
circumstances. For myself, I'd be torn between thinking, if you eat
it, it's probably a bit too much bread, and if you don't, it's a waste.

Some people also just aren't fans of moistened bread, even though it's
the basis for a lot of great dishes. I used to work for a chef who, if
she had a knife in her hand, and you casually mentioned something
about dipping bread in your soup, or even just mentioned the words,
"wet bread", would shiver and, likely as not, cut herself. Of course,
she was also certifiably insane, but still...

Adamantius