[Sca-cooks] Elizabeth Crocker

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 20 04:45:19 PST 2008

Malkin wrote:
>   If the food preparation professionals on this list could explain this phenomenon to me I would really appreciate knowing.  No, this is not a wise-arse snerty rant ... I really do want to know.  Why is it that instructors in cooking schools distain "how Betty Crocker does it"?

Because the Betty Crocker brand is on premade mixes.  A "real"
homemaker, someone who really makes a life that way, bakes from
scratch.  So do most SCA cooks of my acquaintance, whether they work
inside or outside of the home.

There's a whole sociology to explore about modern womanhood, the need
for a second income, feminism and backlash, but possibly this is not the
forum in which to do so.  If you are happy with your life, nobody else
has boo to say about it.  That's Freedom, Baby!  <smile>

Selene