[Sca-cooks] Elizabeth Crocker

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jan 22 12:29:29 PST 2008

See,

> There has been a lot lately slamming fast foods here
> and the rise of obesity here (Me, I think the MAIN
> culprit is sit all day at school and go home and play
> on the computer  no physical activity, no recess
> running and playing -- which is also a problem in US
> schools as a result of NCLB.. (no child left behind)

I tend to blame the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children for
the epidemic of couch-potato kids as much as anything else-- many American
parents are terrified to let their children play outside unsupervised for
fear of abduction. So at an age when my brothers alternated between video
games and death-defying bicycle feats, modern kids don't seem to be
allowed to leave the house.

The Whole foods people suspect convenience food with added fat and corn
syrup is part of the cause, since parents are now leaving work at the time
that our grandmothers expected to have supper on the table.

But who knows?

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net