[Sca-cooks] I need helpful suggestions

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 30 10:57:18 PST 2008

Huette von Ahrens wrote:
>   Do any of you
> have any helpful and legal suggestions as to what to use in order to keep awake while driving?

1.  Relief driver!  Don't either of you get macho and keep on going.

2.  Vivid flavors and a variety of snacks.  That keeps a food-oriented
person engaged in sensory stimulation, you dig?  Maybe not too many
drinks, for when you hit those long stretches of desert and no
turn-offs.  [When you get to Estrella, stock up with the venison
vendor.  A local deer farm "discovered" us and did land-office business,
with frozen deer cuts and simply divine venison jerky and sausage.  I've
tried it out on other diabetics with yummy success!]

3.  Audio books.  I try to carpool with folks who share my tastes in
books.  I get a lot of review copies, let me know what you might like,
I'll bring you a selection.  Like mysteries?  We get a lot of those.

Love, Selene