[Sca-cooks] Caerthe 12th Night Feast was knee pads

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 8 15:09:06 PST 2008

I was there and will say it was a brilliant execution although the kitchen
at the site was not adequate to cook the feast in the time allotted.

I showed up a day early and baked a few loaves of plain manchet, the last
batch being done on site to allow the odor of baking bread to waft into the
hall--or at least that was the plan.  The structure of the hall and the
ventilation sent the wafting out the back door.  Had there been more time or
better facilities, I might have added a light rye bread to the meat course.
In any event, I got to play in the kitchen--and not be responsible for
anything.

The food was excellent and the service expeditious.  In my opinion, it was a
success.  I'll leave the critique and the recipes to GwenCat.

Bear