[Sca-cooks] Dinner Impossible

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Jan 31 10:17:57 PST 2008

>On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:21:46 -0500
>  ranvaig at columbus.rr.com wrote:
>> OMG, Robert Irving in a kilt!   Its a modern kilt and a
>>Tshirt, but still!!
>
>hey now, that poofy shirt and kilt and penambular was
>aaaaaaaaaaallll-RIGHT!!!!!
>
>that show could have been an hour.  not completely in
>period, but there were a few tricks in there worth
>gleaning.

I posted before he changed to serve dinner.  And yeah he looked pretty good then.

Did anyone else notice the part when they made ravioli with "bulgur flour", and said they didn't have fine flour back then.  I'd call that another mistake. Why chose a flour out of partially precooked wheat?  If you want a rougher flour, why not just use whole wheat?  White flour was available and prized, and would certainly be served to the king and his court, even if perhaps not quite the same as our white flour.

Ranvaig