[Sca-cooks] Period Fire Starting - The Glare

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 11:37:50 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Laura C. Minnick <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:

> I have that 'Mom glare' down pretty well, but I'm better at 'Mom voice'.
> 'Lainie

I'm working on "Mom voice" (I'm a stepmother to a nearly-13 girl), but I
think the better is my "Over the glasses look". My friends and husband have
learned that if I'm telling you something while I'm looking over my glasses
at you (and rather down my own nose at that point), that means LISTEN! For
my stepdaughter, calling her by her full name tends to get things done more
efficiently than a tone of voice.

I have yet to need to invoke the look when dealing with folks at events
(like when I'm sitting the list table) - for then, I find being nice and
almost too-sweet works better (especially for those fighters who think I
don't need to see their cards LOL)

Ilsebet