[Sca-cooks] English Food

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 07:52:13 PDT 2008

<snip>

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Barbara Benson <voxeight at gmail.com> wrote:

>  y'alls' most
> favorite English dishes.

</snip>

My *favorite* English dish ever is  Cheese Goo (can't remember the "real"
name off the top of my head. I haven't been able to get the proportions
right just yet so that it doesn't separate, but it's tasty, maybe as a sauce
to your veggie. I so far have used Cariadoc's redaction, from
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/sauces.html#1

Another favorite of mine (and I'm forced to be a spoon tease here) is a
swiss chard pie/quiche. I've had it at several events, and can NEVER
remember the name. I remember it has a double crust, and if you whip the
filling a little much, it gets to be a light green fluffy filling. Might be
a good vegetarian option). I'm pretty sure it's English, but not 100% (since
I can't remember the name).

I have to agree that you should pick your meats first, and get them as cheap
as possible. Roasted meats with various sauces go over well up around
Pentamere in the Midrealm.

Hope this helps a little bit!

Ilsebet