[Sca-cooks] Cheese Goo

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 07:01:49 PDT 2008

I haven't had occasion to make it since the night Hauviette was on FoodTV,
but I also suspect that I'm using too much butter, and that's part of why it
separates. It DOES come together for me initially, then separates as it
sits. I'm sure if I cheated and made a roux to begin with, I could keep it
better. Honestly, the only problem with separating is that it doesn't look
as pretty - it still tastes fabulous. Well, there's one other problem - the
butter that got splattered onto my newly-painted basement wall as I tried to
stir it like mad in the crockpot LOL
<snip>