[Sca-cooks] OOP-OT Squash - just shred it

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Tue Jul 15 17:35:32 PDT 2008

Because my lord husband is allergic to eggplant I substitute in
zucchini.  I lightly bread the zucchini by dipping it in egg and
generic flavored breadcrumbs and cook in the oven or microwave until
the zucchini begins to get soft.  I then spoon on tomato sauce and
sprinkle shredded cheese (my mixture is usually chedder, mozzerella,
parmesan and munster) and bake until the zucchini is soft and the
cheese is melted and starts to brown.

Zucchini is also good cut into cubes and sauteed in sesame oil with a
little salt and fresh margarum.

Sindara