[Sca-cooks] Vegetarian & Vegans was Re: lethal drinks

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 06:24:18 PDT 2008

Really, I think it boils down to this:

Anyone with a special food limitation has to be aware that this is
their own problem and they need to take responsibility for it. This
means asking the cook in advance if he can provide for them. If the
cook can, then he is being curteous to them, and going beyond the
basic requirements of cooking feast, and they should be grateful that
he is willing to accomodate their personal special needs.

My so has some food intolerances. He can't eat milk products or eggs
(especially uncooked), or pork in quantities. He'll still eat some of
it, but will try to not eat too much of the dishes that contain one of
the offending ingredients. I always ask for the menu in advance. This
is our own responsibility. If we don't ask for the menu and almost
every dish contains cheese, well, so be it, it's our own fault. If the
menu isn't suitable, we'll eat off-board. End of the story. And I
know, at least around here, most people on a special diet do just
that: bring their own meal!