[Sca-cooks] Cooking steaks was Re: lethal drinks

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 08:11:57 PDT 2008

>> However, if I do ever get to eat white rice again I will try it Phlip's
>> way because that sounds yummy.
>
> It is. But it's even better on the fried fish (think tempura with ponzu
> sauce, which is basically what Phlip is speaking of, saucewise), which you
> can still taste under it.

Yes, also because Japanese soy sauce is usually much lighter than dark
Chinese soy sauce. I prefer the lighter stuff myself, usually, unless
I use it as a modern marinade.

And IMO they shouldn't have the right to call it soy sauce if all
that's in it is water, salt, sugar, caramel and some kind of wheat
and/or soy extract. If it's not brewed, it's not soy sauce. (Putting
70-proof acohol in a grape juice doesn't make wine, either).