[Sca-cooks] English word for Chinese vegetable/herb

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Wed Jul 23 07:41:37 PDT 2008

I am looking for the English word for a Chinese vegetable or herb.  It's low
growing with small leaves.  It's usually eaten in the spring.  A stem of it
is similar in size to a stem of one of the smaller leafed basils such as
lemon basil, but the stem is more slender and more round.  Stem and leaves
are a dark green.


In Mandarin the name of the plant sounds sort of like

My-ah-lie or My-yuh-lie


Any ideas for the English or Latin name?



gordonse at one.net

More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list