[Sca-cooks] South Beach

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Wed Jul 23 14:02:27 PDT 2008

Kathleen A Roberts wrote:
>On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:27:34 -0700
>  Dragon <dragon at crimson-dragon.com> wrote:
>
>>I couldn't care less to be honest if that is part of a planned diet
>>like South Beach. I think these plans are a false hope for people
>>unless they make a commitment to lasting change in their dietary habits.
>
>but it does get changes made... getting rid of the bread, chips,
>soda, etc. in the house is a good thing.  i have lost 15 lbs since
>war (long and slow i know) and i strongly believe a lot of it was
>portion control.  whether menopause or stress at work or my stomach
>shrunk at war, admittedly i didn't eat much through worrying about
>the husband in the ER and hospial 30 miles away (pnuemonia). 8)
>
>with the oh so convenient 'bad goodies' out of the house, you have
>to think more about what and how much you are eating.

And that is exactly what I am talking about when I say that "lasting
changes" have to be made.

If helping to think of them as forbidden or restricted helps, then so
be it. I just don't think that it need go to such an extreme. It is
all about discipline and doing the right thing. Putting just the
right measured amount of food on your plate, knowing what a serving
really looks like and sticking to that.

It's not easy, but it isn't impossible and I don't think that these
diets do anyone a real service when they should be striving for
lasting changes and not following a strict plan for X number of weeks.

Dragon