[Sca-cooks] Vegetarian & Vegans was Re: lethal drinks

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 23 22:38:42 PDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
< < < < < < We recently had a lovely new couple move in from out of Kingdom
and
they are both vegetarians. I had a very ... interesting ...
conversation with one of them regarding feast. During that
conversation she made it quite clear to me that as far as she was
concerned the cook had an obligation to not only make sure that there
were foods that vegetarians could eat < < < SNIP > > > ...

What do y'all think about the viability of or my responsibility to
meet this expectation? Is it reasonable?> > > > > > > > >>

A.  You are quite accomplished in planning a varied menu with lots of
consideration for dietary needs/preferences/restrictions

B.  If they actually did bite my butt after I demanded they do so . . .
would that make them cannibals, and thus no longer vegan?

C.  Yes, quite unreasonable, especially givne a $6 budget per head to cover
more people than are paying a fee!!

D.  Serve them one of those prisoni ration bars coming into vogue in Suprme
Courts everywhere!  Complete Proteins, and shelf stable for weeks.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco
(Let them eat Pizza!)