[Sca-cooks] Period Fire Starting - The Glare

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 2 15:49:35 PDT 2008

Dragon replied to

<<< Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:

>> We just send a glance of the Patented Laurel Glare in the
> direction of the firepit, and that firewood is eager to go up in
> flames!
>> --Maire
>
> I don't think I *have* a glare.  ::sob::  I feel so inadequate....

I wonder if Stefan has anything in the Florilegium that might help
you... ;-) >>>

Well, yes I do.

But I don't think Lady Brighid needs a glare. I think she does better
by providing a soft glow of knowledge and information to help others
along:
lighting-msg      (20K)  3/ 5/07    Period lighting. Candles, lamps,
torches.

Now for the rest of you who think you need an incendiary glare,
especially those who want to do it in a period way, see this file:
p-petroleum-msg   (16K)  2/27/05    Period use of petroleum. Crude oil.

:-)
Stefan
(hmmm. Or is my Florilegium listing out-of-date and I need to update
that to *Mistress* Brighid?
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com