[Sca-cooks] Chestnuts

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 7 08:45:25 PDT 2008

This past Saturday I dragged my mom to the local H&Y food market. My main objective was Pocky, but I also picked up a bag of dried chestnuts. The intent is to make a Tuscan chestnut and rice soup (chopped, sauteed chestnuts, arborio rice, onions, chicken stock, bay leaves, salt, pepper). But what are your favorite period entree recipes with chestnuts? What are your favorite non-period chestnut dishes?

Another question: Can you make chestnut flour from dried chestnuts, or are they too hard to run through a food processor?

Gianotta