[Sca-cooks] Silly Season

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 07:03:05 PDT 2008

I grew up with a family name that guaranteed teasing on the playground: La Grone.  My father, a lawyer, had a colleague named Paine.  They used to joke about setting up a firm to specialize in malpractice suits.

One of my husband's friends is a nephew of Safety First, who always got a huge write up in the paper whenever he got a traffic ticket.

I was eating in a local diner some years back and my waitress's nametag read: Galadriel.  I asked her if she was born in 1972.  She blinked at me a couple of times and asked: Are you psychic?

Talana