[Sca-cooks] English Food

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Thu Jul 3 07:17:47 PDT 2008

I just did a Strawberry Pottage from Two Fifteenth Century Cookery books
that got a lot of good feedback.

Other things to try - Roasted Chicken. If doing Tavern style, I'd suggest
getting leg quarters and butchering them to the drumsticks and thighs. You
can get the leg quarters pretty cheap at Wal-Mart (47 cents a pound the
last time I bought a month ago). You can there make a couple of sauces to
go with the chicken.

Another recipe that is likely to go over well is "Guissell" again from Two
Fifteenth Century Cookery books, an interpretation of it is akin to Stove
Top Stuffing... which would be a nice side to roasted chicken.

Euriol