[Sca-cooks] Weird American food?

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Sat Jul 19 09:20:27 PDT 2008

I think it's the thickness of the bread slices that makes it "texas toast,"
not the frying....
We used to have a restaurant in town that served a seasonal french toast
made with slices of texas toast bread....they'd carefully slice open one of
the edges, to form a pocket in the slice, and fill the pocket with a mixture
of cream cheese and fairly bitter marmalade.  The slices were then dipped in
some sort of egg batter and fried, as one normally does french toast.
Serverd with fresh strawberries on top....<swoons>
--Maire