[Sca-cooks] South Beach

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jul 23 14:29:16 PDT 2008

> I do hope you realize that vegetables are also carbs?

South Beach is interesting because it seems to focus on glycemic indexes
of foods, so it's not just the carb count. A bunch of low-glycemic index
'starches' you can't have on Weight Watchers or Atkins are part of the
diet, as we found out when I went out and got the book. Before that my
roomate was convinced she couldn't have peas or beans on south beach, and
basically only ate what was a free veg on Weight Watchers unless she found
a recipe for something on the South Beach website. :)
Research is your friend.

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net