[Sca-cooks] South Beach

aldyth at aol.com aldyth at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 15:42:29 PDT 2008

Rhys' diabetic educator put him, and that meant us, on a carbohydrate controlled diet, and she called it a modified South Beach.? Because at the time he was on insulin, it was made very clear that he needed certain carbohydrates throughout the day.? In 2 months he went from 100 units of insulin daily to none.? Lost 75 pounds in 12 months. It was more of a lifestyle change.? We have been on a year of maintenence so the skin can shrink up, and then we go on it again for 12 months to loose the other 75.? I have the diet we are on in the computer and I can post it if anyone is interested.? We do find we can eat more "medieval" food at feasts than modern food at restaurants, and bread is you friend.? But the right kind.

Aldyth