[Sca-cooks] Goat Milk for Cheese

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 24 20:49:25 PDT 2008

On Jul 24, 2008, at 10:31 PM, aldyth at aol.com wrote:

> Has anyone tried canned goats milk to make cheese?? Our local
> Krogers has a sale on them.?

I've used it for simple soft cheeses with a yogurt starter, to make
labneh which was then drained, rolled into balls, and preserved in
olive oil with mint leaves,  and it was fine. I can't address the
question of more European-style, harder cheeses.

But I suspect what was good enough to make labneh would be good for
making chevre, anyway...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter