[Sca-cooks] OOP... I think

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptd.net
Fri Jul 25 19:16:59 PDT 2008

Thanks for the good suggestion. I will have to look up the recipe
again, I don't remember off hand..
Phillipa

On Jul 23, 2008, at 5:43 PM, Terry Decker wrote:

Do the recipes use baking soda for leavening?  If so, the acidity of
the buttermilk is likely the trigger for the baking soda.  I have no
idea how acidic soy milk is, so you might try substituting it and see
if it works. If it doesn't, try adding about 1/4 teaspoon of cream of
tartar, which is often used in recipes to provide the acid that
activates the baking soda.

Bear