[Sca-cooks] OOP... I think

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 23 14:43:51 PDT 2008

Do the recipes use baking soda for leavening?  If so, the acidity of the
buttermilk is likely the trigger for the baking soda.  I have no idea how
acidic soy milk is, so you might try substituting it and see if it works.
If it doesn't, try adding about 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar, which is
often used in recipes to provide the acid that activates the baking soda.

Bear